Looking back at BS 2064




Beginning from the finishing days of BS 2063, I came close to the various poet friends of mine. The programs by “Shastra Chaitra 30” at Gurukul and “Barsaant Kavyagosti” at Yalmaya Kendra, facilitated me to know new friends. And during the full year, at a large number of literary programs I met many new friends.
From the start of BS 2064, for the whole year I was present at one or another literary program. The first such program of the BS 2064 was the book release function of Amber Nembang Limbu at Academy. Young poet Swapnil Smriti had informed me about this program. This book of Amber Nembang Limbu titled “Samjhanaka Tareliharu” is a nice collection of the essay. Again, at the same venue, I happened to attend the 4 days long “Rastriya Sahitya Gosthi-2064” from Falgun 4-7. Here, for the first time, I met the writer Manisha Gauchan, Kehar Singh Gurung (Lamjung) and many others. Also I can’t forget Bimala Tumkhewa’s Solo Poem Recital Program at Gurukul accompanied by Sarita Mishra with her musical performance in Tabala. The most enjoyable program I attended during the year 2064 was the book release function of Ram Krishna Bantawa’s book “Saghan Tuwalo” at CW Restaurant at Kamladi. It was really a great fun and feast, where I met the famous columnist Khagendra Sangrula for the first time. Still I can’t forget that night at Ashoka Hotel (Bag Bazaar) with my friend Prakash Thamsuhang. I also attended late poet Bimal Gurung’s Anniversary Program on Kartik 19, 2064 at Budha Chowk, Dharan-18. And also the most awaited but the missed out program was Solo Poem Recital Program by Veteran Poet Bairagi Kainla at Gurukul. He had recited the poems after a long gap of around 30 years. But due to some busy schedule I couldn’t attend that program. I still regret upon this bad luck of mine.
During 2064, I happened to purchase a large number of books, mainly the books on poems e.g., Niguroko Kharani(Tanka Upreti),Hari Adhikariko Kabita(Hari Adhikari),Dasgaja Wari (RM Dangol),Aru Fuleko Shaanjh (Anil Shrestha),Jeewanko Laya (Shrawan Mukarung), Samjhanaka Tareliharu (Amar Nembang Limbu), Dasagajamaa Ubhiera(Ganesh Rasik),Yahaan Se Dekho (Kedar Nath Singh), Hazaron Prithivi hazaron aakash (Budhisagar Chapain), Pul Ra Parkhalharu (Saneha Sayami),Aago Chhoper Katinjel (Nabaraj Lamsal), Smudralai Ansu Chahindaeina (Aruna Vaidya) etc.
Last year a lot of new books made place in the bookshelf of mine. I received a lot of books as complimentary copies e.g., Beshyasangh Bitayeko Ek Sanjha & Gas Chamberma Buddha (Prakash Angdemebe),Sumnima Paruhang & Kanupriya –Hindi poems by Dharmavir Bharati (Bikram Subba), bi-yearly magazine Srijanshil Sahitya, Hongkongma Kabita,Samayaka Rangharu (Tika Chamling),Pinjada Bhitra (Tara Balal-star), Bimal Gurungka kehi kabitaharu,Sapana Sajayera Ankhabhari (Basantaraj Agyat),Bhogaeika Shrinkhalaharu (Yubraj Sampang), Adibashi (Desh Subba), Saghan Tuwalo (Ram Krishna Bantawa) etc.
Ultimately, a big dream of mine came true during this year. My anthology of poems “Usko Mutubhitra Deshko Nakshanai Thiyena” came out in this year. This book comprises 33 poems in 64 pages. The cover art is done by Vivek Mukarung (Bhojpur) and the Computer layout is carried out by Basantraj “Agyat” (Khotang) for Sathi Prakashan. The preface is written by the noted poet Shrawan Mukarung and the ‘sticker- note’ at the back page is done by veteran poet Bikram Subba. Altogether, the year was really a wonderful one for me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Manbu-6,Gorkha, Kathmandu, Nepal
Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people. - Adrian Mitchell